A couple weeks ago we went Veteran's Day weekend to Sedona. Mmmm...day trips. Jimmy's spontaneous last idea was brilliant. Look at it! It's so pretty. A cross between Zion's and the color of rock in Arches.
This photo was kept not for Logan and I, but look at that girls face! She had the time of her life, just like we all did.
Story Time: Logan early in our visit was chomping on leftover Halloween candy and threw some of the wrapper on the forest floor. I got after his littering. Well, as we're leaving I notice a bottle floating down the creek..."Logan, did you throw a water bottle in the creek?" Logan "yeah." Me "We just talked about littering. You know what you're going to have to do. You're going to have to take your clothes off and swim out to go get it. You know how to swim so there's no excuses." Well, the moment I started walking toward him he started freaking out. As though I'd rip the clothes off him and throw him in, hah. Well, we were discussing our options because the bottle was too far out without someone getting wet. I was resolving to the fact that we're leaving it in the water. Next I know Jimmy is taking his socks and shoes off to go get the water bottle asking for a stick. I turn to Logan and say, "you better strip your clothes and go help your dad." I watch Jimmy for 2 seconds (it really was only 2 seconds) and next I look at Logan and he is STARK NAKED!! Seriously, buck naked and trying to barrel after dad afraid he'd have to make a swim out to the man. Jimmy grabbed Logan and being the good dad that he is just dipped Logan's feet in. Jimmy went in waist deep and fetched the little bugger. As Logan is finishing getting dressed fellow hikers notice Jimmy "enjoying" his time in the swimming hole. They ask "how's the water?" (hah!) Jimmy, "yeah, it's ice cold!" Can always count on our family to make a simple day trip much more lively and memorable. Hopefully this rests well with Logan the importance of not littering! What an ordeal!! Logan can log away the time he once skinny dipped in a creek, hah...because we all need to experience that sometime in life ;)
Boys and BIG rocks!
Jimmy's like, "act like the walls are closing in on you!"








No comments:
Post a Comment