The only reason I got a compelling enough urge to update the blog was Sarah (an old roommate) reminded me there are other people than myself that actually see this blog. Sometimes I feel like I update it all for myself, so it was a nice reminder to take a little time out for others to get updated on our lives.
This term has brought Jimmy to the highest amount of school credits ever (which he rocked by the way). That led to Logan and I having plenty of alone time. This was one of those moments. Pumpkin carving would have never happened if I didn't realize it was time to put my big girl shoes on and help this little guy have it happen. Logan was happy with the pumpkin carving, but was absolutely incident the pumpkin had to have ears...his little touch. He's not one for putting his hands into the gut of the pumpkin...my pushing only led to a melt down.
We only lit and blew out the candle a thousand times. Boys and fire...
| Flashlight hunting |
| Craft Day creations with Nay-na & Aunt Key (Katie) |
Then Jimmy finished school, hurray! So, that very first day off I had with him we went to go see Santa with my sister and her two cute children. They loved these reindeer. Jimmy helped them "feed" them. Obviously they were getting a kick out of it.
Santa happened between these photos....no photo for us. Logan had a death grip grasp as we neared Santa. It's like he knew we were going to have him sit on this jolly man's lap. Naomi was the brave soul who quickly told him she wanted a bike for Christmas, but definitely had troubles looking that man in the eyes. Too cute.
| The Polar Express |
As children we would go to Meier and Frank and ride this train around the store from the ceiling. For some reason the switch over to Macy's did not keep up this tradition which was a bummer. The kids have no idea what they missed out on :)
Potty training...this also happened this last week. Just after meeting Santa, Jimmy's break went straight into potty training. I'm sure he wished his break in some ways was shorter, haha. These boys have done great with it. We started out with the classic M&M's for every time you sit on the potty, etc. Well, it worked the first few times, but let's be honest that boy could care less for sweets. I visited the Dollar Tree and Fred Meyer getting the cheapest toys...it has worked great. He gets a little plastic animal every time he actually goes in the potty. I never knew the joy parents could get when your little one goes #1 & #2 at the same time on the potty (he got a nerf gun then) or just last night for the first time he woke up crying. I was sure he went in his pants...no he was crying because he wanted on the potty. He went then... Seriously...the excitement. I'm sure some wishes they never read that paragraph, my son probably won't appreciate this post until he has his own child.
Santa was nice enough to pay us a visit for my only day off this week. I work a double on Christmas :P We haven't even finished the Christmas presents, Logan was so excited after waking up to try and go on the potty that present opening ensued. We couldn't get past Buzz & Woody. "To infinity and beyond" has been heard all morning.
Oh yes, how this drawer has caused me a number of headaches. We bought these super cute boots a couple months ago. So proud of this find $30 at Famous Footwear. Logan loved them. Then all of the sudden one day they disappeared. We checked every stores Lost & Found went through our cars, my parents house, occasionally glancing through my sisters. I was really upset about this, but determined not to buy another pair. Like I have said before (I can't get enough of it) Jimmy has been home. Logan then showed Jimmy his secret drawer. There was his boots and the missing fish net in the oven drawer. Our place is so small it's amazing he could find a secret hiding place like this one.
Finally we got our date night in. Celebrating 4 years of marriage to this lucky fellow. Jimmy planned this night from beginning to end. It was real fun. We went to glow-in-the-dark miniature golfing, Brazil Grill and Baskin Robbins. Brazil Grill was the main issue/attraction. It was one of those buffet of meats where they come around and you take off what you want. The meat was DELICIOUS. We loved it while we were there. We didn't make reservations, so our time was limited which quickened our eating pace. This led to some gruesome stomach aches between the two of us. Not so sure we'll ever go back, or at least not until we forget those terrible stomach aches. It was so yummy, but yet so horrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment