Before you find yourself immersed in the cute pictures to follow...let me tell you an April Fool's story unwittingly (or at least I hope) played on me today. SO...I was walking down the hallway at work when I noticed on the side of the wall on top of some a cable box of some sort was a cup with another cup upside down on top of it. I thought how strange this was and picked it up to investigate. After all, it is my job to investigate all oddities down this hall ;) Well, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. As I was grabbing this cup, one of my favorite CNA's (yes I have favorites, haha) came sauntering down with hot chocolate in one hand and hot coffee in the other. Just as she neared me (promise I never would have planned it in a million years) I opened this cup. To my surprise, there was a spider scurrying in the bottom of the cup. I screamed like the little girl I am and flung the spider with the cup out of my hands, the CNA jumped and got the hot beverages all over her hands. It was one of those moments I just wish was videotaped. By the way, who does that? Who puts a cup with a spider in it without a note or passing on the message. That person likely didn't even see the unveiling. Crazy people. If there is anything to write someone up for...I think it should be for that, hah! A warning out there if you ever catch me busting out laughing randomly, it just may be this recollection of this perfectly timed moment.
Work is never boring...I come home daily with a story. Today was many...this lady, oh boy...my scrub tops I always thought were nothing remarkable. Today, my red panda top is apparently labeled as "very provocative." Really lady?? Those are pandas?? Her idea of provocative and mine oddly enough are different...the other top I have is with a more abstract pattern became sperm swimming after eggs (yes, same lady). I'll let you imagine that top up, which as you can guess it looks far more innocent...I swear, now I think twice before choosing some scrubs.
Now I digress to a mini-update...we FINALLY got Jimmy's desktop functioning, woop woop!! It is spring which only makes me happy. I gave up on that 50 mile bike ride spoken of earlier. We're totally goin to enjoy the camping part and a mini-bike ride. Cheaper and less stressful. Work has gotten to this miraculous time period where I have a record getting out on time 4 out of 5 days a week last week. I tell you this time of year may as well be Christmas! Oh, and Jimmy is rocking school...I mean it, he amazes me how well he's got it together. I'm just so grateful for all these wonderful things going on in our lives.
Oh and did I mention earlier...we bought a spendy car (anything new to us really is "spendy"). The dealer pulled a fast one on us and we fell for it...long boring story, but hopefully our lesson is learned. In the meantime, we have these awesome blue lights to light up our feet (just in case we need to check out and see which one is the gas and brake) because who doesn't NEED that in their lives. OR the awesome light up that says "Civic" on the little step into the car. The ridiculous computery thing in the middle..I'm sure there is some other weird feature. Oh, or how about how it is lowered a couple inches and has Accord tires (it is a Honda Civic 2014). Regardless, we feel plenty silly and will be paying for our distracted moments that day in the Honda dealership. Happy days...I guess there are worse things that can happen. Eventually we'll maybe enjoy the odd features :)
That was too much reading...now for pictures!!
| He's his Daddy's boy |
| A boy after my own heart...cookie dough! |
| Jimmy's Samoa's |
Haha, I told Jimmy that the Samoa's were too expensive. I mean really $4 for a box of Samoa's. I nearly fell on the floor when I heard the price. A 50 cent hike was too steep for my liking. What does Jimmy do...well, he makes his own. We probably spent more than $4, but as much sweetness as a couple of these bad boys consumed put me on sweetness overload. I may be good for a couple years!
| Grandma's Birthday |
| The Keeley Clan- gotta swing in the other cute children around |
| Driving |
I will get many more tantrums from my poor judgment. I thought it fun to have Logan "drive" on my lap. We go around the parking lot of my parents a couple times. He LOVES LOVES LOVES it...which is bad bad bad. And yet I still choose to share my bad parenting ideas, well anyways, Logan is all over anything gadgety. Making the wipers go, then the hazards, then the horn all taking their turns and together. He can't get enough and I can't help but give in occasionally.
| and witness the beautiful weather, good enough to enjoy my parent's rope swing. |
| this is the "I can't help myself" bedding |
I don't know if you've visited Pottery Barn kids much, but I can easily go broke there and apparently do to some extent. We have moved on from our crib and the jungle to airplanes. We set it up in our front room while he having his final nap in his crib. He is so dang cute. Every time going down for bed or having anyone new over it is all about showing off his room and the airplanes. Then he makes the sound of an airplane whooshing past with the hand motions. I thought I would only fall in love with a little girl for my own child, but how can this stud not make me fall in love. Just when I have been through 5 time outs in the course of an hour he gives me a hug or blows me a kiss or does some other sweet thing that suddenly I forgot what he did to get me upset in the first place. Now I know how my brother got out of trouble so well first hand, haha.
| Lovin it. |
| Play-doh |
He is a busy busy guy...my favorite age I am almost definitely sure this time is a one year old. It seems he rarely is out there to make me mad. Really the only times he is driving me crazy is when I am distracted by making dinner, cleaning, etc and can't involve him in on it. He loves to do everything, so if I give in to one time stirring the bowl...you better bet a tantrum ensues every time there after if I don't let him stir the bowl. Well, that is all! Hope all is well with any of our fellow readers out there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment