Lindsey, the girl I went to the Children's Museum with, recently has been awesome sharing her talents and has me venturing on new ones. Because now is the time to pick up new hobbies just before a newborn is here ;) Anyhow, the following pick is one Lindsey inspired only partway done. We'll see how it goes, but so far I'm definitely enjoying water coloring.
Oh man...Doc McStuffins. I asked Jimmy last night what started "Douglas" in our house. Douglas is a dragon that has suddenly become the favorite stuffed animal taken EVERYWHERE. He is treated like a baby, binky and all. Anyhow, Jimmy's answer...when Logan started to watch Doc McStuffins. Bah! The following pic is of his stuffed elephant that needs mending. His foot/toe has problems and just like the show the mom has to sometimes do "surgery" to fix the stuffed animals. I have been nagged incessantly. Today I've had enough with the nagging I gave in. I would just chop off the string, but this kiddo would have meltdown city. Sometimes TV is such a blessing for me to get naps in I otherwise couldn't and then are these moments where it is a curse, haha.
I hope to get some photos in , but our biggest project consuming my time pre-baby is getting Logan to swim. We are in a program called SwimNow that this woman Michelle teaches from her backyard. She is AMAZING!! Shouldn't have wasted my time with any other swim lessons. She takes total beginner kids and has them safe swimmers within 2 weeks. The mostly fun part is parent participation is required all suited up and assisting the kiddo 75% of the class time. Really the kids are having meltdowns crying and upset, but they are doing it. Within 3 days all 4 kiddos in the class are swimming albeit some are short distances independently (one of the kids is 2 years old). It is incredible. SO grateful a mom in the ward recommended her. Logan is doing extremely well, part of his comfort has to do with our lessons previously, but he totally could have gotten it done in the class. Love it.
Now about this baby needing to come. 39 weeks came and all of the sudden I had 3 hours of contractions with no pain every 2-3 minutes. Nothing like having me on the edge of my seat excited...hoping it would turn into something. I had false labor previously, but nothing like that. I haven't had anything consistent since, but false labor definitely has bumped up to new levels to definitely push me to want her to get here. Earlier that same day I was at my appointment well rested, feeling great...thinking "sheese, she should stay in there and I can enjoy not changing diapers, not listening to crying, and isn't it great she is fed all good and well in my tummy." Funny how things can change in just a matter of a few hours :) Granted I also a few hours later pulled a muscle in my groin during swim lessons, so that was an added push for a desire to have this baby make her debut. Soon enough, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment