Monday, February 4, 2013

Growing More and More...if only we could slow it down :)


Finally now that we're to February I am updating the blog.  Let's face it I am not really going to update it because then it would be the boring details of how life can be stressful day to day.  In between our crazy lives is this little guy to make it all better.  Logan has continued to be a joy.  Most times he is just so easy to please...if he's not happy.  We've learned the instant gratification is a short jaunt outside.  He LOVES the outdoors.

Short story: I was a terrible mom the other day when giving Logan a bath.  One of the worst parts is that it is a rare occasion I get to do bath time with him.  Well, needless to say I had just taken a second off of him.  He was up on the counter and must have swung his legs.  The next moment after hearing something had fallen he was face down on the floor.  I was every emotion you could think of, however I held it together to help him the best I could or at least could think of.  He had a bloody nose as it was basically a cement floor and started swelling.  NOTHING would satisfy him.  Why am I telling this not so fun story?  Well, Jimmy and I learned a really great lesson (aside from never taking your eyes off them...even for a second) is that he can be the most terrible kind of cranky, cool wash cloths, singing, playing, feeding, tylenol...etc.  None of it worked...Jimmy just decided to take a shot and walk outside within two steps he was dead silent gazing up at the sky.  So...now...we go on walks quite regularly outside and it seems good for the both of us.  Rain rarely stops us (my lack of sleep does time to time).

Did you know?  We're coming to Utah in March.  I'm super excited.  One of my best friends is getting married and I really didn't want to miss it.  We were able to swing it to get us both plane tickets, so the whole lot of us are going.  It'll be so good to see all the people we love there.  Utah still feels like home in a lot of ways.  



His first time at the playground on the swing. 

Love the face...
It seems whenever the camera comes out and we're taking a picture.  We tend to get the face above or the face below...so either this blank stare or shocked sort of face.  There are SO many photos we delete, etc in hopes of getting a normal everyday face that we get when the camera is not out :)

Dancing with Dad

What a nice mess!
Ah yes, he has taken to persistently grabbing at the food bowl he's being fed.  Those hands are fast!  I kind of threw my hands up in the air and let him go crazy this night.  It gets exhausting fighting off those arms that so desperately want to feel every substance going to his mouth.


The next 4 photos should be easily deciphered as not our kind of handy-work.  Grandpa, aka my dad took these.  Aren't they terribly cute!  It makes you not believe my hub bub of him giving these hard to work with faces....however, Jimmy and I never claimed to be pros :)

my favorite

This is our black and white, that has yet to have been edited.

Smiles
Yeah, this kid...our photo shoot was a challenge initially getting smile out.  My dad came up with the idea of the lamb rug and getting him naked (+diaper).  Suddenly we didn't have to work so hard.  Logan loves to be naked & loves to grab his feet.  Pretty proud that he can make those feet touch his face.

More cuteness

A bit younger (early October), however unable to get due to
it being my dad's camera.  It was a fun halloween to have someone
dress up!




No comments:

Post a Comment